The original UI was designed with a focus on technical functionality, rather than usability. The colors were bright and overwhelming, the lines were thick and heavy, the font was small and illegible, and the components were complex and confusing. This made it difficult for healthcare professionals to find the information they needed and to use the website effectively.
My goal was to redesign the UI for SaPD© to make it easier to use and understand, even for users with limited experience with pleural decompression devices. The new UI would be clear, concise, and intuitive, with clear instructions and feedback. The colors would be calming and easy on the eyes, the lines would be thin and elegant, the font would be large and easy to read, and the components would be simple and easy to understand.
I took a human-centered approach to the redesign of the UI. I conducted user research with healthcare professionals to understand their needs and pain points. I also used wireframes and prototypes to test different design concepts. The final design was a clear, concise, and intuitive UI that was easy to use and understand, even for users with limited experience with pleural decompression devices.